Lancaster University Leipzig is a branch campus of Lancaster University, UK. LU Leipzig offers a range of degree programmes, with the university committed to providing the same academic quality and fully rounded student experience as in the UK.
Lancaster University´s operation in Leipzig has been approved by the Saxon State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Arts. The campus is located in the heart of the City of Leipzig and welcomes both German, EU and international students.
Explore Your Future
Studying at Lancaster is about more than just a qualification. We want you to leave university with the skills and confidence you need for the future you want.
Explore your future with Lancaster University Leipzig
High calibre teaching and research
Lancaster University Leipzig will engage in both teaching and research activities, and further develop the University’s global reputation for excellence.
As part of its first phase of development, the Leipzig campus will offer four Lancaster University accredited Bachelor of Science programmes taught by the university, and a Lancaster University accredited foundation programme delivered by Navitas.
Meeting growing demand
International students in Germany enjoy post-study work rights and the potential to transition to permanent residency (conditions apply).
A centre of technology, innovation and global industry, Leipzig has high employability prospects and low cost of living - attractive to international students looking to stay in Europe upon graduation.
Buro Millennial / Pexels
Why study in Germany?
- 18-month post-study work visa
- Travel Europe on a student visa
- Affordable living costs
- Globally recognised education system
- A vibrant and dynamic lifestyle
- Opportunity to learn new languages
- Safe and welcoming
Why Lancaster University in Leipzig?
- A UK degree from a top 10 UK university
- A degree taught in English
- Focus on student welfare and experience
- Central location in the heart of Europe
- A growing economy and inward investment
- Alternative entry via an International Foundation Year
- Learn conversational German
Are you interested in transferring to the UK?
- Based on your academic standing you have the option of spending your second year at our main Lancaster campus in the UK. This is great for those of you who would like to take a year to experience British culture without putting your studies on hold.
- Other benefits of a study abroad year include the opportunity to develop your cultural competence and to widen your global network. It broadens your education in a new teaching and learning context and provides you with different perspectives on your discipline.